It’s a proven technique that works, and it’s virtually undetectable, making it an ideal solution for both teens and adults. The trays are removeable, so you can eat, drink and brush your teeth normally, but you have to wear them for 20 to 22 hours a day for best results. Contact your New Jersey cosmetic dentist to get started!
Whether you’re an adult or an adolescent, crooked teeth can hamper your social status. Crowded or misaligned teeth make you want to hide your smile in public. In years past, your only option for teeth straightening was metal braces, and many people including adults opted for them just so they could fix their smile. Those days are long gone, and orthodontic treatmenthas come a long way since then.
Enter Invisalign. This dental device allows you to straighten teeth without braces at all. It works invisibly so you can be doing your teeth straightening, and no one else has to know. It’s not a miracle cure since it still takes commitment and time to work, but it does work. Come in to Dental Associates of Morris County in Madison, NJ, for an evaluation with an Invisalign dentist.
Different, and Better, Than Other Options
Invisalign aligning trays move your teeth into position in a different way than braces. Traditional braces use brackets and wires to pull your teeth into alignment. Metal braces still work because they’re strong enough to withstand the tremendous pressure needed to move your teeth. Even clear braces work the same way.
But aligner trays fit over your teeth, pushing them into position a little bit at a time. You wear each tray for about two weeks. Then you pop in a new one that moves your teeth a little more. You may feel a little Invisalign pain every time you put in a new tray, but it’s certainly no worse than wearing braces.
Comparing Invisalign Aligners with Braces
And the Invisalign method compares well to braces:
- Invisalign aligner trays are much more invisible than braces, even clear braces.
- Braces, with their brackets and wires, cause irritation on your lips and inner cheeks. Invisalign doesn’t cause any of that.
- Because you can remove the tray to brush and floss, caring for your teeth is much easier than it is if you’re wearing braces because you have to clean around all those brackets.
- The aligner trays themselves are easier to clean than braces. You can actually take them out to clean.
- Invisalign has no moving parts. The brackets and wires of braces can break, cutting your lip.
- With Invisalign, you can eat and drink whatever you like, since you take out your tray before a meal.
- The pressure braces put on your teeth can cause headaches and jaw pain.
- Because you get several trays at once, you don’t have to return to your Invisalign dentist as often as you would if you wore braces. Problems with the trays are less likely than problems with braces hardware.
- Finally, braces can cause something called root resorption, which is when your teeth get pulled up out of your gums a bit by braces. This action shortens the actual roots of your teeth, weakening them.
- In some cases, Invisalign works faster than even metal braces. Check with your Invisalign dentist to see how long your treatment may last.
Dental Associates of Morris County
303 Main Street,
Madison NJ 07940