|Products and Services:||891 (+2)|
|Articles and publications:||183|
|Tenders & Vacancies:||3|
Be it product, process or assets; digital transformation has become essential for every facet of any business operation. Especially in this modern age where everything is done on computers, you need to have every document available in the digital form for it to be usable. Considering the fact that conversion of hard copies into computer supported formats is a difficult task, it is best to use data digitization services for accomplishing it.
The Nitty-Gritty of Data Digitization
Whether it is conventional print materials or paper documents containing vital records, you can only utilize it for business gains if you have the capability to convert it into a digitize form. Basically there are two common methods that can be utilized for making this conversion:
1. Keyboarding: It is similar to data entry; however, in keyboarding you have to manually enter the text written on the paper document in a word processor.
2. OCR: Optical Character Recognition is a lot faster than keyboarding; however, it requires the use of sophisticated software solutions to get the job done. In dearth of a quality software solution, you run the risk of wrong entries that may jeopardize the best laid plans for utilizing the digitized data.
While keyboarding is definitely useful, it is not a practical way to convert huge amount of data. Therefore, you should look for a data digitization services provider that has access to the latest software solutions like FineReader, Tesseract etc.
Advantages of Data Digitization
There are many advantages of data digitization as mentioned below:
1. Helps you reduce the storage space: When you have data in digital format, you do not require a lot of space for storage. A DVD or a USB flash drive is big enough to store data that can fill an entire room (when stored as hard copies).
2. Quick analysis of data: While you need to speed a lot of time in searching the desired information in a tangible file, the time is considerably reduced when you have the data stored in the digital format. You just have to enter the desired search keywords and press ‘Enter’ on the keyboard and information will be in front of you.
3. Multiple accesses: A book can be only read by one person at a time, however, when the same book is stored as an eBook and shared over a network, multiple users can read it at the same time. Data digitization provides multiple accesses to the same resource, which makes it vitally important for businesses.
Data related tasks are not very difficult; however, they can be a major burden on your workforce. The repetitive nature of these tasks can lead to complacency, which may result in errors in the work. Hence, it is best to outsource your work to data digitization or data entry service providers for getting it done quickly and accurately.