For those who want to have a perfect smile, with a radiant tone, Teeth Whitening is a great option, since in one session and following simple habits, we can achieve a whiter and brighter shine for much longer.
A smile that strikes at first sight!
Constantly consuming foods such as tea or coffee, passing of time, the effect of certain medications or tobacco, are factors that can cause stains or the darkening of our tooth enamel, an effect that can be reversed with tooth whitening.
This treatment has aesthetic purposes, it seeks to eliminate superficial stains on the tooth enamel, lightening the teeth up to 5 to 7 tones, thus it is recommended to those who want to improve the appearance of their smile.
If you have already decided to improve your smile and apply this treatment to show off new, radiant teeth, consider the following recommendations from the Park Avenue Dental Group Team:
- Get a cleaning at least 6 months before your whitening. This will remove any excess plague and grime that will affect your results.
- Whiten your teeth before completing any fillings or other restorative work on your front teeth. This way the doctor can make sure that your treatment matches the shade of your natural teeth.
- A teeth whitening can last up to 2 years, approximately, with proper care.
- The visible results of whitening are immediate if it is carried out by a dentist since strong chemical lighteners are applied.
After whitening it is recommended:
- Avoid very hot or cold food, as it can cause tooth sensitivity.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid consuming foods such as coffee, tea, drinks with dyes, or dark fruits such as blackberries or blueberries.
- Maintain good and constant oral hygiene.
- A tooth whitening should always be performed by a dentist since the patient must be previously evaluated to avoid risks.
How to maintain your teeth whitening?
- Brush your teeth after every meal.
- Avoid smoking.
- Cut down on tea, coffee, or foods with dyes.
- Floss twice a day
- Never go to sleep without brushing your teeth
- It is not recommended to use whitening pastes more than twice a week, as they can damage tooth enamel.
- Visit your dentist at least every six months for your routine cleaning.
If you want to make an appointment for teeth whitening, remember that only by calling +1 201-864-4730, can you make an appointment at Park Avenue Dental Group
We are located in Weehawken, New Jersey.
We are ready to help you achieve the smile of your dreams!